IR transmitter

Find out how to setup your programmer's software and how to solve many common problems.

Moderator: phalanx

FuzzyPanda

IR transmitter

Post by FuzzyPanda » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello,

This is my first time really working with a PIC microcontroller. I have a bunch of PIC's that I aquired when I bought the starter kit and programmer and wanted to do a little project. My school has a variety of lights in our year 12 Block that are controlled using an IR remote. I have been able to record the signals, one for on and the other for off, that are used to controll the lights. I used the USB IR toy and AnalysIR to record the signal and it re-transmits fine. What I'd like to do is make a small battery handheld similar to the remote to transmit the signal. My question is, does anyone know how I would be able to store a signal, or RAW code as I know the pulse timings and the frequency, to transmit the signals using a PIC mciro.

As of yet I have not been able to find anything that can help me.

I assume it would be set up PWM on the PIC, set up a transistor circuit with an IR LED and turn on LED for certain time, turn of for certain time, repeat.

CAn anyone help me to get started with something like this?

Regards,

Adam

jremington
Support Volunteer

Re: IR transmitter

Post by jremington » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:41 pm

You could follow the approach and the circuitry of the TV-Be-Gone remote, which turns off most TV sets. This DIY project was created for an ATmega chip, but it would be fairly straightforward to move it to a PIC. Or just use the project board and modify the code. http://www.ladyada.net/make/tvbgone/