Using AK4642EN Daughter Board with PICMX32 Curiosity

Find out how to setup your programmer's software and how to solve many common problems.

Moderator: phalanx

Using AK4642EN Daughter Board with PICMX32 Curiosity

Postby thegrinch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 am

Hi, I am working on a project which uses the AK4642EN Audio Codec Daughter Board (http://www.microchip.com/developmenttoo ... o=ac320100) with the Curiosity PIC32MX470 Development Board (http://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentToo ... O=dm320103).

I have been doing research on how to use the codec daughter board with the PIC32MX470 Curiosity, but it seems that there is little in the way of documentation / examples on the subject. Can anyone share / recommend examples of how to set up callback functions to read/send new sample buffers, as well as how to configuration of buffer size, sample rate, I2C control, etc?

So far I have tried setting up a new project with MPLABX Harmony, including the MX470F512H Board Support Package and driver support for the AK4642EN Codec. The project compiles and uploads correctly, but it runs into the exception handler breakpoint when I debug.

Mostly just looking for leads at this point, so if anyone can recommend some good resources that might help that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
thegrinch

Re: Using AK4642EN Daughter Board with PICMX32 Curiosity

Postby phalanx » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:52 am

Hi thegrinch,

Unfortunately you may not get any responses with direct answers about your problem on this forum unless someone has experimented with the same codec board you have. I don't have either of those development boards so I don't have much to add. I would suggest posting your question on the Microchip forums since I think you will stand a better chance of finding someone who has direct experience with the hardware you have.

Microchip does state that more examples will be coming for the codec board but they don't give a time frame.

Do you know what exception is being triggered in your program?

-Bill
phalanx
Non-SFE Guru

Postby thegrinch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 am

The exception code I am getting is 7, which I checked against the cause[] array in system_exceptions.c . Means "Data Bus Error". I assume there is something not set up with the codec where it is not properly transmitting and receiving data, unless this points to something else.

Thanks for the reply. I have posted about this on the Microchip forums, but they have been somewhat less than responsive unfortunately. Really need to get this thing working so I figured I'd try in some other forums as well. Really just trying to get any sort of lead at this point, since Microchip seems to have released next to nothing on the subject.
thegrinch

Postby DanV » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:01 am

Have you watched any of the videos which provide a lot of information on further development?

http://www.microchip.com/promo/curiosity

go to the bottom of the page
Those videos may provide some clues as to where to go next
DanV

Return to PIC Microcontrollers - Software and Hardware