SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Sparkfun events such as Free Day, Antimov, AVC, etc.
By MadManMike
Just curious if there are plans in the works for an AVC 2012? I want to make a vehicle my Sr. Capstone project, but really don't want to start it and then not get to enter it in the competition.

-Mike
By ScottH
I'm working on some new stuff for AVC 2012 too. I'm just hoping for better weather next time. Maybe a move to May makes sense?

-Scott
By shimniok
Well... I'm on the waiting list, but still working on Data Bus. Getting close to doing some more field tests with the various improvements. I'll be chronicling the build again on my blog www.bot-thoughts.com for those interested. For all the slots that filled up in 24 hours, it sure is quiet out there... anyone else actually working on their robot yet?
By ScottH
I'm working on Tobor and some other new stuff that is still "top-secret." Check scottrharris.blogspot.com for updates. I'm planning on getting some stuff done this Sunday.

I'm also hoping to be in town for the Boulder Is For Robots meetup on Feb 7. If anyone is local and into robots, they should check it out:
http://www.meetup.com/BoulderIsForRobots/

As the AVC gets closer and folks start going to the SparkFun parking lot for testing, maybe we can organize some post-testing Darkhorse beer and burger trips.

Good luck on getting a slot!

-Scott
shimniok wrote:Well... I'm on the waiting list, but still working on Data Bus. Getting close to doing some more field tests with the various improvements. I'll be chronicling the build again on my blog www.bot-thoughts.com for those interested. For all the slots that filled up in 24 hours, it sure is quiet out there... anyone else actually working on their robot yet?
By shimniok
Well, I'm in! Scott, if you see this, check your facebook account for an invitation; I'm doing a robot demo for a few friends and their kids and at least one other AVC entrant will be there. Maybe you can bring your robot (or at least join us).

Michael