SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Sparkfun events such as Free Day, Antimov, AVC, etc.
By Agent24
I participated in free day and ended up with a code worth $30, however it's less than I had hoped to get and as such its not really worth paying $15 shipping for $30 worth of stuff. I'd rather trade the code for cash so I can get something somewhere else.

I will accept $30 USD via Paypal, and will email you the code.

Consider this a worthwhile purchase if you want to give someone a gift voucher, or just pay for an order and help me out at the same time!

I'm sure a Sparkfun employee can check my account (User number 182948) to prove that I did actually receive a code and am not trying to deceive anyone.
By skimask
Agent24 wrote:I participated in free day and ended up with a code worth $30, however it's less than I had hoped to get and as such its not really worth paying $15 shipping for $30 worth of stuff. I'd rather trade the code for cash so I can get something somewhere else.

I will accept $30 USD via Paypal, and will email you the code.

Consider this a worthwhile purchase if you want to give someone a gift voucher, or just pay for an order and help me out at the same time!

I'm sure a Sparkfun employee can check my account (User number 182948) to prove that I did actually receive a code and am not trying to deceive anyone.
Now that's just wrong and surely not in the overall spirit of free day.
$30 of free stuff with $15 of shipping is still $15 of free stuff.
So, if I've got this right, you want to sell something you didn't pay for in the first place?
If that's not the definition of theft, at least in the monetary sense, I don't know what is.

Tell ya what...how about your give me that $30 number for nothing, and I'll turn around and sell it for $30?
How's that make you feel? Would you get anything out of it? Would you get any satisfaction out of it? Any sense of doing a good deed?

What a jerk...
By Agent24
I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I'm not forcing anyone to pay me anything.

With my limited budget I simply cannot justify spending that much in shipping for something of that value, it's not economically sensible.

Call me what you like, I am just trying to end up with the items I need rather than spending more than I should on things I don't.
By skimask
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good. :roll:
By haseo
lol fail
$30 + paypal fees ($1.17 for credit card) = more than value of coupon.
If anyone falls for this, I have a nice bridge for sale.
By Agent24
Never mind, I've used the code - ended up finding a combination of small but relatively expensive parts which made the shipping cost not as bad in proportion to the items.
By noptical
Agent24 wrote:Never mind, I've used the code - ended up finding a combination of small but relatively expensive parts which made the shipping cost not as bad in proportion to the items.
Wait, why would I go through the hassle to paypal you 30$ so I can get a 30$ sparkfun coupon? Why don't I just shop for 30$ on spakrfun? Are you fkin serious?