SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Sparkfun events such as Free Day, Antimov, AVC, etc.
By coyote20000
Well, I've never pressed refresh so many times in my entire life... Lol :)
Certainly interesting... I wonder if SF had to restart the servers multiple times.

Thanks for the 40 bucks Sparkies!!!
:)
By AtomSoft
yeah i never had to also... i think my refresh button needs to be refreshed
By nukez
My mouse had smoke going out, for all the refresh i've made :p

That was really funny to see how the server have gradualy had problem handling the masses of visitor !

Well for my part thing doesn't goes alright. i've got anyway 10 bucks ( i've answered the question one 4 times before the server bring me to the next question lol )

For next year may be a water coolled mouse may be needed :p
By sylvie369
I was one of the frustrated non-complainers last year, spending about an hour trying, getting close twice, but no cigar.

This year I figured I'd just take my $30 credit, on the assumption that there'd be no way to get all the question pages to load, let alone my answers as well. I managed to get pretty quickly to the page where you make the choice, and after that got my code almost right away. I was done within five minutes. I'm pretty pleased, though I know it was pure chance.

Thanks, Sparkfun. I hope that a lot of last year's unlucky folks managed to get through this year.
By Roko
Took me 20 minutes to claim my $40 loyalty dollars (I figured I'd try for 30 minutes in the morning before leaving for work). That'll add nicely to the robot fund. Thanks Sparkfun! :)

I even managed to get some work done from home while doing it, I'd go through e-mails and just click refresh every couple of minutes or so. :D
By trend321
Yeah, I really enjoyed that. I got money too - so a "$10 net" gyro will be on my list. While I'm sure it helps cool the frustrations to actually get something out, I really found the experience to be exactly as expected. Difficult to get in, lots of refreshing, lots of trying to figure out the best way to hold onto a loaded page. I found it exciting - like a mad rush for free handouts at a public gathering, without the probability of being crushed to death (a plus, in my book).

So thanks Sparkfun. I really hope the whiners don't put you off doing this again next year.

Ben