http://sparc.tools/wordpress/wp-content ... s_v1.0.pdf
2016-05-08: Fire weapons are allowed with fuel included in robot weight. Section 15.2 applies, with leniency towards fuel that comes out in a flaming liquid state, as these are small robots and we'll have a CO2 extinguisher on hand.
2016-05-10: Flying robots are allowed and count as non-wheeled bots for weight. Keep in mind the arena is about 69x69x39 inches on the inside, with a scoreboard and light on the ceiling.
2016-07-12: (Section 4.2.4) The sentence "Sides of a bot within 1 inch of the floor must be perpendicular" is not a requirement because these are very small bots. Wedges are still disallowed, but by intent of design and not a strict side-height requirement."
Safety inspections are conducted in accordance with the SPARC rule set in order for a bot to participate.
Participants must demonstrate:
- deactivation of the robot in under 60 seconds
- switching off the transmitter (during drive) results in the weapon shutting down (fail-safe)
- mechanical weapon interlock is fully visible and effective at preventing weapon operation, such as a pin traveling through the drive elements (for use during test and power-up sequences)
- that the robot's power indication light works
There will be a a double elimination bracket for each the ant and beetle weight classes.
Each match starts with 3 minutes on the clock. At 1:30 remaining, hazards will activate in the arena. The match is over when one contestant is incapable of moving for 10 seconds, or If a contestant decides they've had enough (taps-out).
In the event that both contestants are still mobile at the end of the 3 minutes, a victor will be chosen by 3 judges.
The contestants will be scored:
- 0-5 points for: quality of 'good hits and quantity of hits
- 0-5 points for: durability to damage and defensive maneuvers.
- 0-5 points for driver skill and spirit
Feel free to ask questions and clarifications in this thread! If you're unsure about something, ask first and avoid complications during weigh-in and tech inspection. Changes and deviations from the rules set will be listed in this top post if they apply to all participants.