SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By idir930
Dear guys,
I have an ESP8266 that is powered by an STM32 ( it provides 3.3v power supply). I load a sketch for creating a soft AP using the Arduino IDE.
I check with my phone if the Wifi AP is created and I find it, a few seconds later it disappears, and then it keeps coming on and off.
I used a scope to check if there are any sudden voltage drops, but none are detected, I used another ESP8266 module and still, it gives the same outcome.
The attached are the scope signal + a WiFi monitor app to show the signal strength ( Normally it should be continuous).
In case that The issue is with the code, here it is:
Code: Select all
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

IPAddress local_IP(192,168,4,22);
IPAddress gateway(192,168,4,9);
IPAddress subnet(255,255,255,0);

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(115200);
  WiFi.softAPConfig(local_IP, gateway, subnet);
  WiFi.softAP("MT-SERVER_STM32", "AB000000", 6, false);

}

void loop() {}
Thank you guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By paulvha
Maybe that is because you don't have gateway connection on the address 192.168.4.9 and your Wifi- monitor tries to connect to Internet over this gateway address, which is of course failing and maybe causing a reset. Make IP and gateway address the same.

Start even simpler and take it from there : Do NOT setup a static addresses at all. Just do the WiFi.softAP("MT-SERVER_STM32") call to create an open network and check your address with
Serial.print("Soft-AP IP address = ");
Serial.println(WiFi.softAPIP());

Next to that you could include in the loop to see how many devices are connected:
Serial.print("number connected = ");
Serial.println(WiFi.softAPgetStationNum());
delay(3000);

maybe it works better and once it does, you can take it from there..