SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By makiyoung
hi.

THIS little sketch won't fit on my attiny85.

i get this error:

Build options changed, rebuilding all c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.8.1/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\donai\AppData\Local\Temp\build1801039637628455978.tmp/Blink_office_temp.cpp.elf section .text' will not fit in regiontext' c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.8.1/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: region `text' overflowed by 418 bytes collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status Error compiling.

... and I think that means there's not enough room.

From googling I believe it's to do with the libraries taking up all the space and I am not duino literate enough to understand the discussion people have had about similar errors.

Does anyone have a fix or am I stuffed?

Basically, my attiny85 is one of the digispark ones already mounted on a board and USB. if I can get it to work it will have one addressable LED sitting on top of it with a DS18b20 attached to the side and will sit in my workstation's USB in the office changing colour as the temperature fluctuates wildly during the day.

i never notice the change in temperature at work but everyone else does so it will give them something visible to moan about :)

thanks, don