SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By Antomabu
Hi there! I'm new to this forum, but like many of us, doing project by project with Arduino, we need some help here earlier or later... So here I'm, and I hope you could help me with this.

First of all, I'm looking for a library, to use this protocol, the more complete is the library the better (I mean that the library/ies not only transmit and receive over DALI serial, but all the standard commands table must be included, or at least the most used and important ones).

I first found a library called "pq_dali.h", but like it just was able to transmit and receive from DALI bus.

Then, yesterday I found another one, that looked very complete called "dali.h", and It called my attention, I would like to use it, but right now I have no idea if I must translate some code lines to Arduino IDE, so the compiler could understand it.

Here are some interesting links I found about this:

here is file filled of libraries, and is used to control the Cosino board (Arduino MEGA based):
https://github.com/cosino/dali2560/blob ... /README.md
https://github.com/cosino/dali2560/find/master

The second link contains the "dali.h" library.

I've learned through the days, how DALI works, but I'm seriously stopped, because I have not idea of how to use that "dali.h" library for my Arduino with the role of Master who send and receive from Slaves.

Some tips about what would I like to do first:

1. Using RECALL MAX/MIN using the broadcast mode (so I can test which driver have problems)

2. Search and Setting the DALI address of each driver (up to 64 devices, so address must be from 0-63, in binary)

3. Test each of the drivers with specific address assigned in Step 2

4. Assign groups and scenes for each drivers (up to 16 groups)

That's basically all, so I need help of how to send and receive data with that library, and need ideas of how to use those basics commands to install all the DALI system between Master (my Arduino) and all Slaves drivers (another DALI devices).

I already designed the DALI interface circuit, so that's not a problem.

Here is another interesting link of how DALI works: http://www.rayzig.com/manual/rayzig.htm ... ained.html

By the way... if you find another similar and good library, you should post it here and tell me how to use it.

I hope you could help me, and thanks a lot for reading this.
By peternias44
hi
you sound the sort of guy? that may be able to help me. sorry i cannot contrib to an answer but i don't even have an arduino [ much as i would like to but too busy building my retirement house] this leads to my question. i intend using dali for all my lighting (95% LED) but also blinds, shutters, curtains, aircon, fans, bug zappers even.
My issue is how to interface a dali 4 channel modules to 4, 8 or even 16 channel relay boards ex china. For mains blind motors for instance it needs to use two relays, so buying proprietary relay sets in 4 's only would ramp up cost alarmingly.
Am sure boards are TTL high using 5v coils ( may be erroneously bought). can also get 12-24v versions to align with dali output if it helps.
1# do i need to learn arduino to achieve my goal?
2# is there a 'simple' bit of breadboarding to interpret the dali output to the relays
#3 or can i use the dali signal bus direct to the relay board ( i suspect not as no feedback to dali master).
Gracias de antemano
peter of burjulu