SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By SeniorDesignxx
Hi,

I am using an arduino leonardo and ITG-3200 gyroscope. I followed the directions to hook the two components up as well as used the code from this website https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/it ... okup-guide

I was able to get readings from the gyroscope at one point but now all I get are zeroes. I also don't get a correct address reading from the gyroscope (just zeroes as well). To troubleshoot this problem, I probed VCC and VIO (which are at 3.3 V) and SCL and SDA (which both increased in voltage when the gyroscope moved more). I've tried different ways of connecting the pins in case there was a faulty wire but nothing has worked

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Valerie
By Ross Robotics
I2C needs solid connections. If you are using jumpers, chances are it's not getting a good connection.
By bakamartes
I have the same problem as the SeniorDeisgnxx, but I am using an Arduino Mega 2560 instead. I also followed the directions and used the code provided by Sparkfun, but it only returns zeroes. Even when I disconnect the sensor, it keeps on returning zeros. I also used I2cScanner to verify if the Arduino board recognized the device. It returned the correct address: 0x69. I am at lost

I soldered break away headers on the ITG-3200 and attached it to a breadboard, but I used jumper to connect the breadboard to the Arduino. Should there still be a problem with connectivity?

It is also possible that the sensor is defective. In that case how do I verify it?