SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By mfsoler
I'm trying to connect the AD5754 DAC to the Arduino Uno. I'm using a library and sketch I found here (link is a zip download from the site I found it on). The datasheet for the DAC is here.

I made only two changes to the Arduino Sketch code, changing the lines:

DAC.SetDAC(2.2,1);
DAC.SetDAC(1.8,2);

to

DAC.SetDAC(5,1);
DAC.SetDAC(5,2);

My wiring of the DAC to the Arduino is as follows:

Below, I attached the unaltered Arduino sketch, library files, and datasheet for the DAC. Let me know if you need any other information or have any suggestions.

Thank you.
By Valen
mfsoler wrote:... Let me know if you need any other information or have any suggestions.

Thank you.
Yes, what is the problem?

If it doesn't work, give the symptoms that indicate to you that it is not working. Have you measured the voltages at the output?

Why is the CLR pin connected to GND? What does the datasheet (and comments in the example code) say about it's function?

Also, the unaltered Arduino sketch, library files, and datasheet for the DAC "attached below'' didn't come through in your post. There are links at the top, but not sure if that is what you meant.
By Valen
I thought the same thing about the CLR pin constantly trying to clear the device, needing a pull-up resistor instead of connecting to ground. I didn't look into the datasheet well enough to notice that the Sync pin was also required for it functioning. Good that you have it solved now.