SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By pingu
Hi all, never used arduino but have a couple of these I2C lcd driver and need some help, I am actually wanting to use with a picaxe (sorry :oops: )but can't get any useful info from the supplier, can anyone please have a look at the arduino library linked to it and give me some pointers in how to initialise and use with basic. ( don't understand the code used)
All I get so far is a row of black squares which make me think it's an initialisation issue.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
By pingu
Blimey not even as much as a polite 'go away'
I can see where outsiders are not welcome so goodbye all, enjoy your nice little club.
By Ross Robotics
"Go away" is not polite, lol.

Your posting a question about a PIC in an Arduino forum...
By waltr
pingu wrote:Blimey not even as much as a polite 'go away'
I can see where outsiders are not welcome so goodbye all, enjoy your nice little club.
NOT....
its just that no one here (so far) has any experience with what you are asking about.
I for one have lots of electronic and coding experience but none what so ever with:
arduino
linked I2C lcd driver
picaxe
or basic for picaxe

Therefore I can not answer your questions (and the same for most people here).

Have you tried a PICAXE forum?
By Mee_n_Mac
Let me see if I understand the situation :
1) The OP buys some LCD display from E-bay knowing it doesn't come with the "driver" needed for his application.
2) The OP doesn't understand the code that does come with it.
3) The OP comes to the SFE forums looking for some help.
4) The OP posts in the Arduino forum looking for translation from C to Basic for a Picaxe.
5) The OP gets huffy when the Arduino/C people don't know PIC/Basic, seemingly indicating that an answer is not just hoped for but rather demanded.

Hopefully the swinging portal will not get damaged by the OP's posterior during his egress.
By motopic
Mee_n_Mac wrote:Let me see if I understand the situation :
1) The OP buys some LCD display from E-bay knowing it doesn't come with the "driver" needed for his application.
2) The OP doesn't understand the code that does come with it.
3) The OP comes to the SFE forums looking for some help.
4) The OP posts in the Arduino forum looking for translation from C to Basic for a Picaxe.
5) The OP gets huffy when the Arduino/C people don't know PIC/Basic, seemingly indicating that an answer is not just hoped for but rather demanded.

Hopefully the swinging portal will not get damaged by the OP's posterior during his egress.
Yes, this is what I concluded from reading the initial post.
He wanted someone here to decode the LCD source from some wacked ebay seller, and tell him what to do.
I am sure the followup question was going to be how to recode that in pic basic.

OP SHOULD have begun by researching I2C control in arduino, its not hard.

To ALL POSTERS.
Experienced people here can spot homework assignments a mile away.
When no one answers, that IS being polite.

Have nice day.