SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By rajmanju
Hello friends.. I am new to Arduino and currently working on an arduino based project..I need some help.. Which Arduino board should i use which can support a touch screen as well as like two or three output ports for some other purpose??
please help me out.. I am in a great confusion and am not able to start my project..
Your kind help is wat i need...
thank you.
By stevech
touch screen? Which one? Sounds complex for an Arduino.
Output ports- what kind? Analog, Digital. On/Off bits?
Need a bit more planning.
By Ross Robotics
If you're a beginner in Arduino, I would suggest the UNO. It has tons of libraries, shields, and tutorials out than any other board.

What do you mean by "ports?" If by meaning, you need more pins to add other devices to than you should have a few to play with after the display. There are displays out there that only take a few pins to operate.

If you mean ports to communicate with other devices over Serial, the UNO has only one. But you can use the SoftwareSerial library to add more if you need.

Do a google search for what YOU want to do. Find a good tutorial and see what they are using.
By rajmanju
Thank you for your replies...
Actually i want to build a device(with a touch screen(may be 2.8 TFT touch shield)) which is based on a mechanism that can transfer data form a device at one port to the device at another port.
Can arduino uno support this?? and wat about Arduino mega??

Actually i was planning to use usb ports to be connected to the I/O ports of the arduino. and then transfer data..from one to another.
please help.:(
By viskr
USB to USB, and touch screen interface. Sounds like too much for an Arduino. You'll really need a device with 2 USB ports, while you can get buffered LCD devices that would offload the CPU, the USB is beyond bit banging of most any CPU. This is also a pretty big project for a first project.

NXPs LPC43xx devices could support all the peripherals (dual USB, LCD controller, expansion memory bus if you need it)
By rajmanju
Okay Sir..let me explain you my idea.
Actually i want to make a device which has two usb ports and an LCD interface.
which can connect two usb drives(pen drives) to each other.
USB to USB data exchange.
and i have no idea about NXPs LPC43xx devices..please help me with this.
By viskr
While it is possible to bit bang some low speed protocols for USB, to do it reliably and to support high speed is an issue without some hardware support. Here is a link I found to bit bang a USB mouse interface.

https://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/cours ... index.html

There might be some follow up, or there maybe someone out there who did a USB 1.0 version, which limits you to 1.5 Mb

In any case there would be a lot of work involved, and I'd start with a micro that has 2 USB ports, or you could go with a couple Vdrives from FTDI, which convert USB to serial and could be used for a low speed link
By rajmanju
Please help me out how usb shield works??

Actually Sir i have not yet started my project.I need to start it asap.please help me out how to start.
Or give me a flowchart or sumthing as to how to implement it.

Thank you Sir
By stevech
rajmanju wrote: Or give me a flowchart or sumthing as to how to implement it.
Thank you Sir
Are a student whose professor expects you to determine the best way to implement the goal?