SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By hanlee
I'm getting error compiling program for Mega Pro 3.3V with IDE 1.0 (Windows). First error is Arduino.h file not found. Of course the program compiles without an error under IDE 0022 version.
I think the board needs an update of its Board Definition File for IDE 1.0. Is anyone having this issues? Any solutions or remedy for this issue?
Thanks,
By maokh
Go into the other arduino core and copy out what is missing and put it into the mega_pro_3.3 directory, this fixed the issue here.
By hanlee
Thanks, Maokh. By other do you mean like Arduino MEGA 2560? I thought about this, but I wasn't too comfortable with just copying a missing files from other core to Mega Pro 3.3. Do you think there might be any side effects in the long run...
By maokh
The core files are common to all boards that are built into arudino. Just make sure the hardware/arduino/core is copied into the core files for your mega_pro_3.3 directory. I also have had luck modifying the boards.txt in hardware and merging it with the rest, even though it wasn't suggested by the README.TXT.

Long term effects? I don't know what you are worried about. Either it'll work or it wont. The entire arduino architecture is a kludge.

Fiddle with it until it works is the motto.

Yes, the board will break on each new release until they merge it in. Since arduino is an open project, someone with some motivation can probably ask for it to be included in the next release so we dont have to mess with this.

check out: http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/list