SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By SOI_Sentinel
Hi,

I'm trying to get a FIO to bootload over V1 XBee modules. I've looped back the serial signal from the TX/RX pins temporarily to test, and I do get the serial stream back strongly. I have checked the Sparkfun, Adafruit, and Arduino versions of the wireless bootloading instructions, and they check out. My Lipo battery was bought at the same time, and it seems to be going along strong (it's the 2AH version). I'm not getting any response from the Arduino itself. The only thing I see light up is the ON LED, but that doesn't turn on if I have the Xbee pulled (DIO9 driven from the XBee per the schematic). The RSSI and charge LEDs do work.

This has led me to believe that something may be wrong with the Arduino bootloader. Is there anything I should see happening upon bootup of the bare bootloader?

I'm going to try and use my Xbee Explorer USB (mini USB version) to act as a serial interface for direct programming. I'm not doing the DIO3 reset, I'll do that bit by hand, and there's a big solder blob clogging the hole now after modifying it for remote programming. I'm going to connect the DOUT and DIN to the RXI and TXO pins and connect the grounds. The Fio will still be powered by its Lipo battery. I've tried this already, but am not convinced I had a good connection.