SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By lynton
Thankyou so much for this

I spent ages reinstalling the FTDI drivers and going mad until I found this,

I originally had a 3.3v 8MHz pro mini that had worked well , I then got 3 more (clones) that did not, only when I retried the working one did I realise that all 3 new ones were bad :(.

After updating the bootloader using an arduino uno with the ardino as isp method as described here , I was able to fix all 3 easily.

Now I have the pro mini's all working with the latest FTDI driver (CDM_v2.12.00_WHQL_Certified) and can upload using arduino 1.6.4 IDE, on Windows 7 x64,

The clones had never been used except when try to upload for the first time, so I am sure I did not inadvertently set it to the wrong loader etc. My guess is that thy were possibly created with the wrong one (the 16Mhz 5v possibly ?).

So I guess the moral is don't buy the cheap clones unless you have a lot of spare time to track down these sort of issues.
By Ross Robotics
Sounds like the clones didn't have a bootloader which tells you they were never tested. You got lucky that they worked at all.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]