SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By dsacmul
I got some 328Ps from Adafruit with the bootloader already present on them, and I'm trying to move a sketch from my Uno to a breadboard (the code is nearly done, it wants a box to live in...)

I've got the following:

7805 (with a 22uf across output and ground, and a 10nf across input and ground) - 7805 Out goes to pins 7, 20, and 21 on the 328.
GND from 7805 (and PS gnd) goes to 8 and 22 on the 328.
16MHz crystal across 9 and 10, with 22nf caps going from the legs of the crystal to GND.
LED with pulldown on D13 (pin 19).
10K pullup on RST
I don't think I'm forgetting anything.

When I power it up, I get BIP BIP BIP three fast flashes (500msec? 250msec?) with a short pause between flashes.
The flashes are fast enough that it's hard to count, sometimes it's two flashes, but I'm pretty sure it's three.
No magic smoke.
When I ground RESET, and let it re-assert to 4.99V, I get the three flashes again, then eerie, non-flashy-equivalent of silence from the Atmega.

I've posted much this same message on Adafruit's fora, but the replies have been unhelpful.

Any suggestions?

I built a USBTinyISP but have no way of knowing if it works.
I bought an FTDI cable from Adafruit, and the FTDI BO box from here.
Again, no way of knowing if they work.
Help?!

Thanks.
By dsacmul
Never mind! It works now.

The Adafruit-pre-bootloaded 328's have a program in 'em that just flashes a couple of times.
Very quick flashing, at that.
After re-bootloadering it using a USBTinyISP in the original Uno board, it works!
Haroo!
Also using the Sparkfun FTDI breakout board. Whee!