SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By brandoman
Hello folks! I didn't know where else this fits, so please move it if need be.

I am a frequent tech consultant for Extreme Makeover Home Edition. As you may know, the show always tries to do some crazy things (sometimes without the know how to do them). The design team is currently working on a project that would play the voice of a father overseas(military) to a young daughter when she does certain things in her bedroom, such as sit in a rocking chair, turn off a lamp etc. They have no idea how to do such a thing, but I know this can easily be accomplished with an Arduino, some input sensors and some type of sound playback device.

Would there be anyone here that would be interested in working on this project, or know where I could find some local hobbyists(South Carolina) that could help us? The house will be revealed to the family on the 18th of January.

Thank you greatly in advance.
By qema
The arduino along with the MP3 trigger http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9715 can do what you want. I have used a combination of the 2 at my local museum with great success.

I hope that someone from the community will take you up on this project, because it sounds like its something well worth doing.
By robertsonics
If the sensors can be simple contact closure switches, then the MP3 Trigger can do this all by itself, without the need for an Arduino or writing any software. Just wire the switches directly to the MP3 Trigger trigger inputs and copy the corresponding tracks to the flash card. You would need a powered speaker, of course.