SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By clarkinia
i am working on an art project in which i want viewers to have control over videos using a homemade remote control. like a mock tv channel setup. i am thinking i could use an arduino and processing.

i want 5 channels with about an hour each of video footage

i want a remote/ controller box with 5 buttons, one to go to each channel

i want people sitting in a couch to choose a channel by clicking its button

i would like to have the ability to add effects accessed by additional buttons

i have a mac mini and monitor

i have worked with processing, microcontrollers, sensors and actionscript, but my experience is limited. any feedback/ plan of attack is much appreciated.
By qema
clarkinia wrote:i am working on an art project in which i want viewers to have control over videos using a homemade remote control. like a mock tv channel setup. i am thinking i could use an arduino and processing.

i want 5 channels with about an hour each of video footage

i want a remote/ controller box with 5 buttons, one to go to each channel

i want people sitting in a couch to choose a channel by clicking its button

i would like to have the ability to add effects accessed by additional buttons

i have a mac mini and monitor

i have worked with processing, microcontrollers, sensors and actionscript, but my experience is limited. any feedback/ plan of attack is much appreciated.
The easiest way to do this, would be to get a TV with 5 inputs, setup 1 DVD player on each input and actually make a real remote that only switches between input sources.

I'm suggest this only because everyone seems to have a cheap DvD player that they are not using, so you should be able to get a few for next to nothing if you ask around your group of friends.