SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By Toradore
a lot of it will be LED's basically X-mass lights lol "well not that tacky but similar" some will be guns which i don't know what load they will need. As for spot lights will have to find some. I was looking at that MondoMatrix PowerMatrix board. and looks like would be fine. Trying to keep as much plug and play as i can. as for upgrading i already looked at their 64 servo control. I'll use that once i fill the first boards servo slots :-) going to add each part in steps. so can figure out and make sure next will work.

As for power i was thinking a Thermal nuclear power plant :-) MORE POWER! lol going to probably use 4-8 marine deep cycle batteries in parallel. as for weight their what 30lbs each? so 120-240lbs. I will recheck their weight today. once i have completted full design layout. ill start building "when warmer" just want to be sure final ship will work before i start. once i do then i can spend small amounts over time and start building. so not so hard a financial hit at once.
By Toradore
I might need to repost my new design as old one getting real old :-) But for propulsion im using http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-P ... 6/-1438525 x2 for propulsion. and on two at Bow with one on port and starboard sides for steering. cheapest thing i could find with lot of power. they are modable to fit. AND small enough i can add more to aft later for more power :-) as ESC im using can handle up to 120amps already and only going to use 30amp at the moment. I COULD use them for directed thrust but i'd need more heavy duty servo's and controls then. easier to use bow thrust for steering. though in reverse will take practice to get right :-) stomach aching at the moment so ill rewrite updated plan in few mins. "probably 10-15 mins from time i post this"

And im glad ive piped your interest in this project :-) I'll be posting pics as i go so no worries :-)