SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By mattlitke
What I'm trying to make is a camera on a servo controlled by an Arduino. I will be putting it in a drag race car and I want the camera to pan when the car starts moving. I know from the cars data recorder that it pulls 2.5-2.8g so I could use that to trigger the servo to move. What I'm looking for is advice on an accelerometer with a breakout broad that's easy to use and maybe some sample code. Any help would be great
By follower
Have you seen the Accelerometer and Gyro Buying Guide? It might help you make a selection.

I used the ADXL335 for the Earthquake Data Logger because it communicates with analog rather than digital signals which made it easier to get started with. I also found code online to read and graph the output which made it quick to get started with (there's links in the tutorial to that).

The ADXL335 does top out at 3g though so that's something to be aware of--although if you're only wanting to detect above a certain value that's probably okay.

--Philip;
By mattlitke
Thanks for the help I'll look into those. A 3g one would work fine for what I'm trying to do I only what to know when the car starts moving. I already have a data recorder in the car taking important measurements for me.