SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By itorront
Hi,
I was wondering with the new Ethernet Shield with the Micro SD Card. Is there a way that it could pull pre-configured HTML pages and images using the Micro SD Card? Then with in the Pages, have it pull status on pins or control the pins?

Please let me know if have any questions,
Thanks!
By StaticDet5
As I understand it, there are two libraries involved. The Ethernet library is pretty developed, as I understand it. The SD library is still "experimental". Also, because of the way the board is working, you have to "switch off" which function you are using. I don't think you can feed an ethernet stream directly from the SD card, but honestly, I don't know enough about it to say.

I'm having an issue with the Ethernet board as well. I'm hoping someone will see your thread, and answer both our questions (I'll also see if I can find an answer for you).

I'm using a Python program to repeatedly poll my Arduino and Ethernet board. I want to poll it every 5 to 10 seconds (I'm monitoring sensors). However, it seems that the board is locking out additional polling requests from it.

I'm using a modified version of the Webserver demo from the Arduino 21 IDE.

Everything seems to work fine until I repeatedly pull the page. Then it appears that the Arduino/Ethernet system denies the request.