SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

For the discussion of Arduino related topics.
By daveboy368
I'm doing a project with the high altitude board sold here from sparkfun. My intentions are to connect to an Arduino to write these measurements to a micro SD card. The problem is that I've only have an aerospace background and am lacking knowledge with electronics. Can somebody help me with this? I can try to figure out the coding, as I've done a bit of coding and can spend time experimenting with that. However, I need to have the correct connection before I can do this. I appreciate any help!!

Link to High Altitude Board: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9944

Thanks!

David
Hi.

I'm also an aeronautical engineer, and I'm also doing my own High Altitude Balloon project. I'm doing it all on my on boards though (I started this way before the Sparkfun board came out... shows how slowly I'm going... :( ).

I think you haven't got any responses because your question is WAY too broad. Try defining it to a smaller, more specific aspect. You say
However, I need to have the correct connection before I can do this.
; but you don't say what you are trying to connect - the HAB board connects to a lot of different things, using different mechanical and software interfaces. Nobody is going to write a long answer, because they might not be talking about the one you want.
By daveboy368
I guess my lack of specifics is due to my lack of knowledge. I want to power the High Altitude Board with the Arduino and to pass data through the Arduino into a 2GB microSD card. I'm really not sure where to start. I'm not sure if I can connect the board directly to the Arduino by the 6 pins. I've found a tutorial on connecting the microSD card, but the High Altitude Sensing Board is where I'm having trouble figuring out. I'm sorry for the generality of the request. I'm not sure what more information I could provide, I can take pictures of what I have if that helps.

I appreciate anyone even considering helping me. Thanks!

David