SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Herschel367
Hi, I'm using Eagle to design my PCB for a project which uses PT6 pulse transformers.

I can't find a library for the transformer so i've had to create my own, this is the first time i've ever used eagle, so excuse me if the answer is blatently obvious.

I've made the PT6 with pins spaced correctly, made the device, symbol and package, but when i come to add the component to the schematic, i get the error "Device PT6 has unconnected pins!".

Is there just something i've not done correctly?

Also i've searched the internet for a pre-existing library with the PT6 in, but to no avail, if anyone knows of any, or has made there own, please let me know.

Thanks.
By bigglez
Greetings (No Name Supplied),
Herschel367 wrote:I've made the PT6 with pins spaced correctly, made the device, symbol and package, but when i come to add the component to the schematic, i get the error "Device PT6 has unconnected pins!".

Is there just something i've not done correctly?
Can you post the library with the parts that you made?

Thanks In Advance!
By Philba
It sounds like you didn't complete the work. You need to make sure that symbol and part pins are connected. The lib editor is a little obscure on this point.
By Andrew02E
When you're in the Library editor, open the Device and click the 'Connect' button (or go to Edit->Connect...). In the left hand column (the Pin column), there should be no pins displayed. Any pins displayed there have not been connected. Either connect them or delete them and the error should go away.
By Herschel367
I've sorted it, thanks alot.