SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By tracebender
Hi all.

I'm new to eagle and this forum but not to board design in general.

I'm drawing up a board at the moment that needs thicker traces for the ac power nets. I created a class called ACPOWER and then changed the appropriate nets to use this class in the schematic. I then went back to the board, which I had already routed, ripped up the traces in question and then went to manually route them but they still default to the default trace settings. If I do an info on them it shows they have the appropriate class so why doesn't it route the wires with the new trace size I specified in the ACPOWER class?

If I pick the class before routing it seems to route with the right wire size. Does the manual router not automatically pick the trace width based on the class of the net being routed?
By John_M
The manual router doesn't auto pick based on the net as far as I know, it picks it from the default or the last used value. The only effect of the net size is in the autorouter.
By Philba
that's correct. just select the correct width and route.
By tracebender
Thanks for the replies guys. I figured as much but thought there might be some way to tell eagle to default to the net class when manual routing.