SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By VaultDweller
I've just started designing my first PCB with Eagle. After having gone through the fantastic tutorials from Sparkfun, I completed my first draft of what I think it is I want to make. Essentially I have a pretty simple setup using the SparkFun RFID Reader Breakout with an ID-20LA, a piezo buzzer, an LED, and a RedBoard with the ESP8266 WiFi shield. When it reads an RFID tag it sounds the buzzer and lights up the LED while transmitting the tag data to a server over WiFi. It works great, so now I want to convert my breadboard and wires into an Arduino shield that will work the the ESP8266 (hence not using pins 8 and 9). I used the SparkFun RFID Reader Breakout and SparkFun RFID USB Reader Eagle files as a reference and I think I have what I want, but being as this is the first ever thing I've tried to design I'm wondering if I could get any input on possible flaws or things that could be improved. Is this forum a good place for that, or is there somewhere else that would be better? For those interested my project is on GitHub at: https://github.com/jmwendt/RFID_Shield.