SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By prerna123
Hi,
I'm getting started with designing my own SBC. but i see very limited packages for 32-bit microprocessor available in the library. Can somebody help me with this? Is it possible to include intel i7 /AMD packages? Thank you

Regards,
prerna
By phalanx
Are you talking about the Sparkfun Eagle libraries? If so, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Intel general purpose processors to appear in it. Modern microprocessors are not the segment of industry that Sparkfun caters to. It requires large engineering resources and budgets to realize a working motherboard that's competitive with ones that are already available on the market. In any case, if you have the means to create a motherboard for an Intel CPU, it shouldn't be much effort for you to create the package yourself.

-Bill
By Ross Robotics
I agree with Bill, if you have the experience to start designing Intel and AMD boards, then you should already know where to get the packages. Even if you do find them, they are most likely BGA packages which require fine traces that most, if not all, hobbyist level manufacturers won't do. Once you find someone that will, you will have to pay for it. Most likely, in the hundreds or even thousands of dollars.