SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By wilykat
I looked in the default library, there are many 64 pins qfp but they all are 16 pins by 16 pins square style. The one I need has 13 pins by 19 pins rectangle package. Maybe I am using the wrong term? Is there a different term for non-square qfp? Worse, there is no spec I can find for NEC HuC6201 chip so I can't get accurate size or space information.

I believe the HuC6201 is a propriety CPLD by NEC and it was out over 20 years, I doubt anyone at company can help me with this, NEC went through a few merges and separations and I doubt anyone there still have original datasheet.

The pad looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/zGiHcnO.jpg and I haven't been able to find a different chip that used the same rectangle package size so I haven't been able to dig up a datasheet for the soldering pad detail.

Can anyone tell me where I could look up for the correct size and spacing for making one in Eagle or if someone has made a generic solder pad for this footprint?
By davep238
You have several choices: 1) modify an existing EAGLE 16x16 QFP footprint (package). 2) find the datasheet and make the footprint from that. After a quick search I didn't find a datasheet. 3) Use a newer part. 20 years is WAY too old!
By wilykat
The problem with finding newer part is no one knows exactly how the HuC6201 works so no one knows if there is a modern substitution is available or if a modern CPLD or FPGA can be used to emulate the old part.

I am stuck with reusing a 20 year old part. I guess I'll have to load up a compatible 64 pin qfp and rearrainge a few pads to make them 13x19 instead of 16x16