SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Lehoi
hello all
I am designing a pcb and I Can't find the terminals used by this 100mm potentiometer.
Can someone help me to find this component or its equivalent?
Thanks!
By InactiveUser001
What is the problem, finding the actual physical part itself or the component for in the electronic PCB?
What do you mean you cannot find the terminals? they are there - I can see them in the picture.

It's a technics slider control pot, does it have to be this exact part (expensive on amazon) or do you just need a slider pot?
If so what resistance are you after? Do you need a centre click stop point?
By Lehoi
Hi mattylad

I am designing the pcb for a potentiometer and I want to use the same terminals as the original potentiometer.
By InactiveUser001
I am sorry but I am not quite understanding what you mean by "the same terminals" ??

Are you saying you want an exact match for the footprint?
Is this to fit the SFDZ122N11 part in or another replacement?

If you need the footprint, why not just make one?
By Lehoi
Hi

What I am doing is modifying an existing potentiometer with a custom pcb. I will use some parts like the original cursor, the original chassis, but not the original pcb.
I don´t need the exactly same terminals but I need a very close ones because this modified potentiometer must fix exactly in the same main pcb board.
Besides I want to use strong terminals (the original terminal use a rivet)
Thanks

Dimensions and photo of the potentiometer and terminals:
By lyndon
The original PCB probably used rivets because the designer expected that the pots would be handled roughly and didn't want them pulling out. That's my guess, anyway.

Keystone is a good vendor for stuff like this. http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... -ND/318193 is smaller than you want, but would this type work? This one is closer in size.

Alternately, what about using 2mm screws?
By Lehoi
Hi
lyndon wrote:The original PCB probably used rivets because the designer expected that the pots would be handled roughly and didn't want them pulling out. That's my guess, anyway.
That´s the idea, good point ;)
lyndon wrote:Alternately, what about using 2mm screws?
I will take a look, maybe is the best solution

@lyndon Thanks for the links and the suggestion!