SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By greanie
I'm starting my first project using Eagle CAD, a simple interconnect board. I have made the symbols and packages for my connectors using the tools and have added the necessary components to the various libraries. When I add my component to the PCB layout program, the pads for one of the connects get fatter. The space between two pads goes from 0.4mm to 0.15mm. Anyone else experience this and have an solution, perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
By Ross Robotics
I've never had a problem.. Zip the file and attach it and I can take a look.
By greanie
I have attached two screen shots, one of the package layout in Eagle CAD's library and one of the component inserted into a design in Eagle CAD's pcb layout tool The scales aren't quite the same but the difference should be readily noticeable. The DRC really barfs on the component, which is understandable, 0.15mm isn't enough space between pads.

A zip of the file is also included. Thanks for taking a look!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By davep238
Check your library and see if you have the pad's diameter set to "auto". If it is, then set it to the appropriate size so that the spacing is correct. I think there are also settings in DRC that affect pad expansion.