SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By charburg
(New to PCB design)
I'm trying to build http://noodlefighter.com/osukb21_make_eng.html
For whatever reason, the generated GERBER files do not come with a drill file, so I can not get this printed for a reasonable price. I've been searching everywhere for a free way to create NC Drill files from either Altium files (PcbDoc, SchDoc, PcbLib), or from various GERBER files (GBL, GBO, GTL, GPT, etc). I'm wondering how I could get this done?
By charburg
leon_heller wrote:Ask the designer for the drill file?
They speak a different language, as well have no obvious contact info Dx
By Ross Robotics
charburg wrote:They speak a different language..
Then how do you know what the board does? There is a Guest Book where you can post comments..
By charburg
codlink wrote:
charburg wrote:They speak a different language..
Then how do you know what the board does? There is a Guest Book where you can post comments..
The site states the directions and part list in English translation. I've tried to PM them, but I haven't gotten a response in a week, probably because they're chinese and don't appear to speak or know English, and I speak English.
All I'm wondering is how possible it would be to get a drill file generated from these for free.
By Ross Robotics
Don't think you can. You can use a translator..
By InactiveUser001
Can you get a demo of Altium an make your own from the PCB file you liked to?

Or - If you have the components or the data sheets for them then you can figure out the size of the holes, then the locations can be extracted from the gerbers - say the solder resist layer as you can then centre on the pads.

Then you can make one up yourself, either the hard way using notepad or the easy way using a gerber editor if you have access to one.