SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By chess92
I am building a Bluetooth controlled RC car. I am a iOS / Android programmer, so that part is in the bag. What I'm looking to do is build a RC car driven with an Mobile phone. Are there any companies that would make me a custom PCB with a Bluetooth chip built in? What direction should I look to do research and what companies are good for mass producing custom PCBs? I've searched Google, but my problem is I don't know what terms to use to get the research started. I realise a post like this is gonna get tons of hate, but maybe one person out there will point me in the right direction. Thank you.
By lyndon
Nobody is going to hate your post, that's what these forums are for!

How many is "mass production?" 100? 1,000? 10,000? millions?
You're basically looking for a Contract Manufacturer that also does design. Or you can have someone design it, and then hand off to the CM.
By Ross Robotics
First, I will tell you that there is already "bluetooth" R/C cars already on the market. Radio Shack sells some..

It would be cheaper to have a person who does freelance designs, then send the design files to a company that does fab and assembly work, like SeeedStudio. If you hire a company to do the design, it's going to cost you more and more as they prototype the design. You don't know how many versions of the design they will do before they say it's ready for high volume manufacturing.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/service/ They do prototyping, assembly, and manufacturing.
I can do the design and prototyping. If you want a quote send me a PM..