SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By bratan
Hi,

I'm trying to design package for ht1632c chip (which described as 52-QFP-A).
Datasheet doesn't have landing pattern, so I'm not sure what size pads should be... Can someone help me? :)
By Ross Robotics
But is has the package dimensions.. Just make the pads a little bigger.

You can also look at this: http://www.freescale.com/files/analog/d ... AN4388.pdf
By bratan
Thank you! That PDF is fascinating, thanks a ton for this link!
Also I just discovered make-symbol-device-package-bsdl.ulp script in Eagle, which basically generates pad outlines from numbers you plug in, it's gonna save me some sanity :)
By InactiveUser001
That AN4388 document would appear to be using outdated standards when talking about land patterns, IPC SM-782 was replaced with IPC-7351 many many moons ago.

Why don't you try the Library Expert from http://www.pcblibraries.com?
I understand that the lite version can output individual files for importing into your chosen cad package, if not then at least it will show you the dimensions that you need for your component.

I think the QFP52 may already be in the IPC library that comes with it.
By flimshaw
Hey there,

Was just about to sit down and make one of these in Eagle but figured I'd look around and see if anybody had one already. Did you create this part / would you be willing to share it? If not, did you ever find a 52pin qfp outline that worked that I might create a part from?

Thanks!
-Charlie
By bratan
flimshaw wrote:Hey there,

Was just about to sit down and make one of these in Eagle but figured I'd look around and see if anybody had one already. Did you create this part / would you be willing to share it? If not, did you ever find a 52pin qfp outline that worked that I might create a part from?

Thanks!
-Charlie
Sure, I'm attaching Schematic and Board files for the breakout I made (you can extract part from there). I already got PCB for it, everything fits nicely! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.