SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By phinsil6
Hello,

For my Shapeoko 2 CNC machine I am working on a Parallel Port Breakout Board for driving my Stepper Motors. However I am having a hard time finding a part number on Digikey/Mouser for a the DB25 connector. Adding to the difficulty, I am completely unfamiliar with the Parallel/DB25 connector world of types and functions. If I understand correctly I am looking for the following:
-Panel Mounted
-Horizontal Through Hole
I am designing the board using DB25HP under the Sparkfun Connectors Library in Eagle.

Finally, the question:
Does anybody know what the Digikey/Mouser part number for the above would be?

Thanks for any help.
By Ross Robotics
By phinsil6
I appreciate the list, pictures at least look like what I need. What's with all the options?
By Ross Robotics
There are tons of different configs, material, spacings, etc., that Digikey sells. Although, I don't know what you mean by "all the options." Why does Digikey list so many options? Why do manufacturers make these with so many options?

If you notice, in that list there is 369 listings. But most of these are the same part, just different packaging.. If you were to start from scratch like I did, there would be over 30,000 listings. You choose what you need and then click apply filters to narrow down the list.

Any one in that list I posted will work. I usually just choose the cheapest, but remember you get what you pay for.
By phinsil6
Ok I will take another look. I have just been burned countless times by buying connectors online from mouser,I don't think I've ever gotten it right.
By Ross Robotics
If you want, post a link to the part you like and I'll take a look.
By Ross Robotics
Those links are broken.
By Ross Robotics
These are the correct links:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/1001818
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/2346612

The manufacturer's part number is different so they are different in some way. I can tell you that the 4006-ND part will not exist after 11-15-2014 on Digikey. They are cheaper probably because of this.

Either would work though.
By lyndon
Did you buy them yet? If not, I may have a bunch that you can have for the price of shipping (about $10 I guess). Been sitting on the shelf for 15 years.