SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Planktos
I want to use a breakout board in my design, and I have the sch & brd files for the breakout, but is there a way to convert the entire breakout to a library part?

If not, is there a good way to check for clearances? The pin locations are fine, but I'd like to see where the board will end up when soldered on. It would also be nice to be able to position standoff holes.

Thanks.
By Ross Robotics
You can use the measurement tool to get dimensions. For the board placement, use the wire tool to draw an outline for the edges of the board. Use the tPlace layer to make them a silkscreen.

You can make a library of the board but it's a complex procedure. You will need to have 2 instances of Eagle open. Use the copy tool along with the Group tool to make a copy of the entire board. Go to the other instance and paste. It should let paste the entire board. Use the board in the package and use the schematic for the symbol. You will also need to connect the pins to the pads manually for the device.

If this is too complicated, you can send me the files and I will see what I can do. trevor@rossrobotics.com