SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By 142536789
I'm not 100% sure of my terminology here, so correct me if I'm wrong or was mislead. I'm still somewhat new to all this.

I have a very simple half-bridge brushless driver design. I've read many motor control guides, from many different companies, TI, Atmel, Microchip, ST electronics and they still didn't answer my questions:

What do I do about inducted voltages, when the MOSFETs switch off, especially with a high inductance load?

What do I do about back voltages, when the motor spins?

What can I do to protect the circuit from RF noise caused by motors spinning?

Is there a tutorial somewhere that mentions how to simulate this circuit in LTSpice?

I was thinking of a resistor-capacitor snubber type circuit to minimize inducted noise instead of just a flyback diode.

Here's the schematic.
Basic_Commutation.png
The gate drivers I'll be using are NPN darlingtons, I'm not sure about what specific model but I'm pretty sure most darlington transistors will work just fine. The MCU I had in mind when designing this was the TI-C2000, which made especially for BLDC control.

Even if you don't have answer I'd like to hear any of your tips, suggestions or thoughts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.