SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By cord
Hi Everybody
I have a project for which I need to use a battery connector as pictured bellow. The problem is that I can't solder any electric wires directly to the battery connector. I believe the battery connector is designed to be used on a PCB. However, I don't really understand how it is supposed to be fixed on a PCB. Can anybody tell me how such a battery connector is supposed to be attached (looks like you can't just solder it to the board, but I might be wrong)?

Also, I have absolutely no experience in PCB design, but it looks like it should be rather simple to do in one of those free programs. Are there any specific things I have to watch out for? How do I ensure that the two circuits can carry the required amperage?

Bellow you see a picture of the battery connectors and a CAD mock-up of what the PCB is supposed to look like. Also, does anybody know somebody that could make the drawings for such a PCB at a reasonable price? (I contacted a couple design firms, but I can't afford their prices).
Any input is appreciated.