SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Ogrecrusher
Hey, it's been a while, but you've all been so helpful before!

I've been working on a new project, for which I created a whole new library, I've been copying things across from my master library as and when I need them (so I can edit silkscreen placements without affecting other projects). This has been fine until just recently.

I copied across a device, but it has taken 2 packages along with it along with the schematic.
The device itself is an ADC: LTC1865L.
So I have the 2 packages named:
LTC1865L
and
LTC1865L.PAC
If I opened the first, I would see the footprint I created, as expected.
If I opened the second, it gives a pop up asking "Create new package LTC1865L?".

The second is clearly glitched in some way, but I can't delete it.
If I use "remove LTC1865L.PAC" it generates a "package not found" error.
I then tried libedit.ulp, which has been helpful in the past. I select the package, click delete, it seems to work, says changes will be made on exit, click quit, it says changes have been made, click save changes, then I get another error:
"Z:/Temp.scr, Line 1:
Package not found LTC1865L.PAC.pac"
My final attempt was probably misguided, and me flailing wildly, but I copied the library (just in case), then opened it in a text editor. Found the item and tried deleting the entry that way. Doing so, then trying to reopen the library prompted Eagle to demand the latest version in order to open it (6.4 needed to open). I tried just deleting the .PAC (in caps), because the .PAC.pac suggests to me something is wrong there. Same issue.

I just want to start afresh and not have random glitchy things in my library, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Lucien
By Ross Robotics
Hmm, I never had that problem with my custom libraries.. Do you mind attaching it to a post so I can look at it? You might have to zip it up to attach here..
By Ogrecrusher
For simplicity I've recopied the offending part from my master library, where it appears to be a problem too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Ross Robotics
I will take a look at it tomorrow. Had a busy day today.