SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Superspiderman
Hi guys,
I have two connectors made of pads. Infact one is the copy of the other. I need to separate them from the center of 1 pad by a specified distance. What is the best way to do this. In other words the distance from the center of one pad to another vertically below should be a fixed distance.

By Ross Robotics
First, I don't entirely understand what you are trying to do. You need to attach your image to the post..

Second, from what I do understand, I don't know why you need to do this. Are the pads grouped together? When you move one, the other moves with it?

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? If we knew what your intended outcome is, we can advise on maybe a more simplified approach.
By Ross Robotics
If I understand correctly, you just need to space them by a given distance? You can set your grid to your specified distance, View>Grid.. or you can click the Grid button.
By Superspiderman
View->grid just changes the grid. I need to actually move them by 25mm from each other. What I ended up doing is placing one pad relative to the other at a distance of 25 mm and copying the remaining horizontally. It may have been roundabout but if there was an easier way please do let me know for future use.
By Ross Robotics
You're not getting it.. If you need to move a part exactly 25mm from another, you can set your grid to 25mm and move the part. Now your part is exactly 25mm from the origin. This way you don't have to do any math or measurements.