SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Frotz
I'm trying to learn Eagle using the freeware version for Linux version 6.4.0 and have a strange rendering problem that I noticed when uploading something to oshpark.com. In the attached test.brd file, the right and left sides of the board are marked with copper lines. From within Eagle, each line of text ends at one of these two lines. Oshpark.com rendered the board with the text grossly overshooting the edges of the board. I thought this was a bug in oshpark.com's code, but then I generated gerbers from the .brd file and viewed them myself. There, too, the text overshot the edges. What am I missing? Did I find a genuine bug in Eagle?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Kamiquasi
I checked your Eagle board file - it overshoots here as well (6.4.0 on Win).

Not sure if related, but it wouldn't surprise me much: you've got the text set to 'Proportional' font. Always use 'Vector'.
You can force text to always display as Vector in the Options (User Interface, Misc), but generally you'll want to make sure it's actually set to Vector so it doesn't show up different on other machines.

If you don't like the font, you'll have to draw your own text using Lines.
By JonChandler
Always use vector for text on the silk screen layer.

Proportional can be used for comments and documentation for a cleaner look - just never for anything to be printed on the board.