SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By sciguy77
Hi guys,

Was looking at the redboard eagle (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10908) .brd file and I noticed a bunch of parts were not connected to anything. I compared the board to the schematic, and it looks like anything connected to the spark fun library's gnd part is not actually tying to ground. Is this just me? Is there some setting I need to turn on or something? I'd love to get a second pair of eyes on this.

Thanks!
By Ross Robotics
Check your layers. Bottom layer isn't displayed. Furthermore, the parts that have GNDs are connected to the GND plain. In the menu bar, hit the "ratsnest" button to draw the GND plains.
By sciguy77
Thanks for the response. Shouldn't the gnd plain be shown as a layer (is this board 2 layers or 3?)? And of course I turned on the bottom layer, still no wire connections to ground.
By Ross Robotics
GND plains are whatever layer you want to put them on.. This board is 2 layers, Top and Bottom. Hit the button like I said. It will show you the GND plains.. And they will be connected to the components.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.