SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By mancow
Apologies if this has been addressed in the past. I tried searching but was unable to find an answer. I'm sure it's something simple but I'm new at Eagle and am trying to get up to speed with it. I am working on a control panel design. I needed one of the switch designs that is just traces next to each other or interlaced to form a switch when the conductive rubber button contacts it. I found a library on line called switch-PADSWITCH that lookes like two forks interlaced inside a 1/4" circle. It is the perfect design for what I need. However, when I go to use the autorouter it refuses to rout anything to those switches unless the width and most everything else in the design rules is set to 6 mil and I don't want to go that small. I have tried every combination of settings I can think of but nothing works. I even went as far as trying to edit the switch to be nothing more than a circle divided in half so it's just two half round pads next to each other but the same thing happens. I suppose it's something to do with the very small distances between the interlaced switch fingers that is causing the router to think everything has to match that width but that's just a guess.

The part library was found in this forum thread in post #8.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
By mancow
Hate to post then disregard but I figured it out. I had to change the routing grid to 10 then it worked.