SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By UNTEngineer
Im looking for the standard resettable SMD fuse that is used on the Arduino. I just need something that can handle 5v and 1A in an SMD footprint.
By Ross Robotics
The only ones I can find are under Sparkfun's library with 603 and 1206 packages.
By Ross Robotics
lol, now I can't find it.. If you know the foot print, you could make your own..
By UNTEngineer
codlink wrote:lol, now I can't find it.. If you know the foot print, you could make your own..
Well I was trying to find the part so I know what to order, and to use it in my circuits. :?
By Ross Robotics
Most parts in Eagle are just numbers with size. Not really part numbers per-say. If you know your voltage and amp ratings, you should be looking for the best component to fit your needs on DigiKey or Mouser, maybe even Ebay. They should have a datasheet for the part that will give the footprint. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 min to make the part in Eagle by yourself.

EDIT: I looked through DigiKey and could only find 6v versions. http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch ... 27&PV686=2

Maybe someone could chime in and tell ya if this voltage is OK in your application. I don't know much about resettable fuses, but I would guess that 6v (since it states max voltage) would be okay, but the amperage is what counts. But I am unsure...
By UNTEngineer
Well, I managed to find it in the Adafruit library. Thanks for the help.
By Ross Robotics
Ah yep, the PTCFUSE. Funny how that didn't show up in the searches.. Eagle needs to work on the search.