SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By walkman
hi i have zero knowledge in pcb design.i want to learn pcb design.plz suggest me some usefull web links ,and books.i heard that there are multi layer pcb .how can we identify given pcb is multilayer are not by seeing it?
i downloaded eagle software but iam unble to find downloadable sparkfuneagle libray and cam.file in the net .please help me
By dmsherazi
By looking at a PCB if you see the tracks/wires on a single side only ,usually the bottom side then its single layer PCB, if you see that the pcb tarcks are laid on both sides it means its multilayer.

usually 2+ layered pcbs are called multilayer.

i would suggest you to start at the tutorials section of sparkfun.com , I my self started from there.
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/108
By colinb
dmsherazi wrote:usually 2+ layered pcbs are called multilayer.
Actually, as I understand it, 2 layer boards are also called double-sided, but multilayer implies more than 2 layers, i.e., there are internal layers in addition to the top and bottom sides of the board.
By eddy_stevens
Can anybody help me?
I am looking for PCB fabrication company for my electronics project..Can anyone suggest a good PCB company with cheap price and reasonable quality?
I have checked many online suppliers but got confused.
By motopic
huh?

good, fast, cheap : pick 2.

also depends on where you live.

I use futurelec.com now. good+, cheap+, but plan on 2-4weeks for delivery.
But honestly 2-3 day turns from Chicago (eiconnect.com), a big chunk of money was going into overnite shipping.
For one off protos and initial design testing, I etch/make my own in the garage.
By leon_heller
ITead Studio is cheapest. The quality isn't bad and I get my boards in under two weeks, here in the UK.

I make my own single-sided prototype boards.
By killersquirel11
I personally prefer the OSH Park Group order (formerly dorkbotpdx pcb order). $5/sq in for 2-layer, $10/sq in for 4-layer, either way you get three copies of the board (so you pay 12 bucks total for three copies of a 2.4 sq in 2-layer board. $4 each. Not bad if you ask me). Turnaround time is a couple of weeks, depending on the timing of the order, and how busy Laen is. This guy was recently featured on hackaday/Makezinefor his efforts.