SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Marcio21
Hi To All

I Ordered PCB From PCB Wing And I received This Error Can Anyone help Me please How To Fix it I'm New To Eagle I Don't Reilly Know Where Are The Settings Of the silkscreen
Code: Select all
Some silk screen of your PCBs are too small and their lines are
too thin to print. They'll be printed blur.

We recommend that they at least to be composed of 4mil thick line; 
at least 25mil high, the only way they can be clearly printed.

Thank You ..!!! :)
By InactiveUser001
you also have isolated bits of copper (green) that appears not to be connected to any net.

This is bad for EMC as it can act like an aerial and should be tied to GND etc.

Back to the silkscreen - I cannot help with Eagle - but yes it would be best if the text was bigger
and 0.004" thick otherwise it will be too feint to read.
Can you select the text, choose its properties and see if there are dimension settings there?
By stratosfear
Marcio21,

You'll need to smash the components first, then use Change to change the Size and Ratio. You can change them individually or group select the whole board. After you do all this, you'll probably have to move the silkscreens to clear the components. 0.04 inch with a 15% ratio works well for most of my purposes.

Jon
By InactiveUser001
Select the Info icon (i) then the component reference text, this allows you to choose a larger text size.

Then the move icon and move the text so it does not cover the pads and is next to the component.
By bveenema
Is there any way to easily remove isolated copper in Eagle? I've been trying to figure this out for a while. Or do I just have to be very specific when defining a polygon to make sure I don't get isolated copper?
By FartingMonkey92
Ratsnest then use the "Info" tool on the polygon and uncheck "Orphans". :wink: