SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By alexus
Hey all
Does any one knows where I can find footprint for this relay: SRD-05VDC-SL-C
If it does not exist maybe some one can guide me on creating one? TNX a LOT!
By JonChandler
The JS-M from the relay library will probably work, but since you didn't post any details about the actual size of the thing, you should check the dimensions to be sure. As I recall, there are several variations of this basic type.
Eagle-realy-js-m view.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By JonChandler
You need to open the "package" in the library editor (from the control panel) and then use the "I" icon to highlight each hole. The dimensions will be referenced to the center of the package, so you'll have to do some addition to get the distance between pins.

If the dimensions are in the wrong unit (you want mm and it's showing inches for example), go to the view menu, then click on grid and select whichever units you need.

You can also verify the hole dimension and it's identification from this menu.
Eagle hole check.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By alexus
TNX!
I compared 2 data sheets for both relays, in data sheets the dimensions seam to be identical.
I will try to inspect library too

Quick question off topic: if i change the schematics and i go back to board, im geting error saying that new component is missing, but how can i add new component without deleting and recreating whole board?
By rifo
I am also new in Eagle, but to my knowledge, once you delete the component in schematic and add the correct device with the right package. The new component should just show up on the board. Since you have the routes to your device on the layout. You just move the new component to the appropriate location and that should be it.
By alexus
rifo wrote:I am also new in Eagle, but to my knowledge, once you delete the component in schematic and add the correct device with the right package. The new component should just show up on the board. Since you have the routes to your device on the layout. You just move the new component to the appropriate location and that should be it.
i'm my case if i delete something or add something new both schematics and board become out of sync :(
By rifo
That's weird. Maybe somebody with more experience can help with that. Is it possible that you made a change that broke the forward/backward annotation by deleting something directly from board. I don't know if such a thing is possible but if it is then this may explain your situation.

rifat
By rifo
Normally you only change things (add/remove components, change values) on the schematic and the board simply follows it. If you somehow break this annotations or simply start the board before the schematic. Then I guess, the board stops following the schematic. I don't know how to restore the annotation but it should be possible. Try this link below,

http://www.element-14.com/community/thread/2627

cheers
rifat
By alexus
well change value works if i need to change something, but what if i delete or add new component? In my cases on board file I'm just getting error saying that component is missing of the board :)
By spyros.rallis
JonChandler wrote:The JS-M from the relay library will probably work
Nope, it won't work. It's a little bit smaller than the SRD-xxVDC-SL-C relays.

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but since I tested the pattern I thought about sharing what I've found. :)