How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Questions relating to designing PCBs

Moderator: phalanx

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Postby phalanx » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Here is an excellent reference for anyone trying to ask a question on the Internet. How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

As time permits, I'll try to make an abridged version of it that fits with the purpose of this forum.

-Bill
phalanx

Re: How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Postby mavrosxristoforos » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:34 pm

I wish my users read that before sending me an URGANT BUG REPOOORT !!
Good one.
mavrosxristoforos

Postby unexpectedly » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Ohhhh emmM Geeee! No one will read that; as soon as I saw the 1993-listserv format and scrolled down to see more contents that I want to read content my eyes glazed over.

Gotta condense it into a pictoral that's 1000px wide or so and not more than 1000px tall. :lol:
Never happy with it just being... always have to push it a bit too far.
-Chris
unexpectedly

Postby beefy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Just had a brief glance at it and one point is about members doing some homework before asking a question.

I'm a member of a cnc forum and my interest is cnc plasma profile cutting of steel. I've became a lot less responsive to those who just ask other members to do something for them. This is mainly in the area of creating or tracing drawings and creating a cut path. It seems to go like this: some members put the hard yards in and buy learning courses, study, fail, retry, etc until they get it. Other members just say, "Can you draw this for me", never asking HOW to draw it themselves.

Then there's the ones who don't even give you a word of thanks after you give them a detailed answer to their question (they are in my blacklist database so I don't waste any more of my time with them).

Laziness and lack of courtesy seem to be the two main problems I encounter.
beefy

Return to PCB Design Questions