SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Handsofmodder
Hello! I was wonder how to do I create custom shapes (e.g. circle PCBs, rounded PCBs, etc.) in eagle cad
By shimniok
Just draw a circle (or whatever other) object on the Dimension layer and use that as your guide for laying out components, and delete the original rectangle? I started to play with this recently but haven't seen it through to the end. Was having some yet unexplained issues placing components.

I'm assuming you're making DIY PCBs and you can just cut the shape out with a saw or something. I have no idea what's required to produce such a pcb at a pcb fab house.
By Handsofmodder
I'm planning on using batchpcb for the custom shapes. Is there anything I need to do for batchpcb to recognize the custom shape, or will it still work?
By JonChandler
If BatchPCB can do custom shapes, just draw it on the board in layer 20 (Dimensions) and make sure it's included in the silk screen - the CAM processor is set up by default to take care of this.

There may be limitations on slots and notches too - both how wide and how long they are. Different fab houses have different requirements.