SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By DarkStar
I purchased some parts tonight and started designing my project in eagle cad then i tried searching for the parts i just order and nothing came up so i went to sparkfun and downloaded there sparkfun.lbr ,sparkfun keyboard shortcuts but when i clicked the link for the cam file i get a page with just text? what do i do to get the cam file into eagle? Also i put the sparkfun.lbr in the c:\Eagle\lbr folder and restarted eagle but when i go to add a component i cant find the sparkfun library? I can see it in the eagle control panel under libraries but nothing when im trying to add a component in the schematic? So does anybody know how to fix this? thanks

Heres the link where i downloaded the sparfun.lbr and sparkfun keyboard shortcuts but cam link is just text?
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/108
By rpcelectronics
Once you are in the schematic editor, you also have the option of going to the "Library" menu on the menu bar and selecting "Use". A window will pop up, allowing you to navigate to where the library is stored ie. where you put it when you downloaded it. Then, simply double click the library file and the library will be added for use.
By DarkStar
FartingMonkey92 wrote:Regarding the library, make sure it's enabled and has a green spot next to it in the librarys list in the EAGLE Control Panel.
That was exactly what it was!! I cant believe i didnt notice,lol. Thanks guys