SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By sciguy77
Hi,

Attached is an image of my schematic, and an image of the board it creates. There is no correct part for the motor I'm using (just 2 holes that wires will be soldered into) and I also have another hole for the pin that will be soldered to the microcontroller board. When I put this into board view the spot for the motor and the pin are gone. How do I fix this in the schematic view (no matching parts!)?

Thanks

EDIT: also, it looks like the resistor isn't even drawn!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By StigOE
What device are you using for your motor? Is it just 'Motor' as text and two wires ending above and below the text? If so, that's your problem. You need to use some kind of device with both a symbol and a footprint. Otherwise, how would Eagle know how you wanted to connect your motor? Same goes for the hole by the resistor. What happened to your resistor, I don't know.

For this simple schematic, you might want to skip the schematic and just make a PCB drawing.
By sciguy77
Well, the whole point of this is for me to learn about schematics so I'd prefer to draw it myself.

The motor will be soldered in, so just 2 holes are needed, same goes for the out pin. How do I do this in the schematic?

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and also notice in this image that for the "resistor" part the PCB view is empty. Why is that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By StigOE
For the motor connection, just find a suitable 2-pin connector and put in the schematic. Then set the value of the connector to 'Motor' or whatever you want. Or if you want to learn some more about Eagle, read the tutorial, either the included tutorial or the ones on Sparkfun, and a make a device for your motor with symbol and footprint.

The resistor in your screenshot doesn't have a footprint because it is the toplevel of resistors with the european way of showing a resistor. If you click on the right-hand arrow next to it, it will open up and show you all the various versions under it, similar to the Bourns resistor network below it. If you click on one of the resistors below R-EU, you will see that there are a lot of different resistors with various footprints.